USACE to Complete Princeville Flood Works

first_imgThe U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has announced additional work that it plans to accomplish with supplemental Construction account funding provided in Public Law 116-20, the Additional Supplemental Appropriations Disaster Relief Act, 2019, signed into law June 6, 2019.Among other things, Public Law 116-20 provided $3.258 billion in five appropriations accounts: Investigations; Construction; Mississippi River and Tributaries; Operation and Maintenance; and Flood Control and Coastal Emergencies.USACE will use an estimated $39.6 million provided in the Construction account to complete construction of the Princeville, North Carolina, flood and storm damage reduction project.On Sept. 26, 2019, the Corps announced the allocation of $2.483 billion in the Flood Control and Coastal Emergencies, Operation and Maintenance, and Mississippi River and Tributaries accounts to repair damages to projects resulting from natural disasters and perform emergency dredging of shoaled material deposited at Corps navigation projects by natural disasters.According to Mr. R.D. James, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Work, the supplemental funding allocated to the Princeville, North Carolina, project will help to reduce flood risks to this community from storms in the future.last_img read more

Haaland drums support for Dortmund boy wonder Moukoko

first_img Promoted Content6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreThe Best Cars Of All Time2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Woman The Whole Muslim World Is Proud Of Read Also: Joshua reveals why he visited Nigeria as a non-championBut it is likely to be Haaland and Sancho who hold the key to the team’s success next term, should both remain with Dortmund.Haaland added: “As a player, I want to win things, of course. If we improve compared to last year, we also have a great chance of holding something in our hands in the end.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Erling Haaland is backing teenage sensation Youssoufa Moukoko to break through the ranks at Borussia Dortmund as he warned Bundesliga opponents to be weary of the emerging talent. Norwegian striker Haaland turned 20 in July and has already established himself among the top marksmen in the German topflight. His 13 goals in 15 Bundesliga games since arriving in mid-season from Salzburg came amid a overall tally of 44 goals in 40 appearances, split between the two clubs. Cameroon-born striker Moukoko has played for Germany at under-16 level and has also appeared for Dortmund in the Under-19 Bundesliga and the UEFA Youth League.Haaland, quoted in the Westfalische Rundschau newspaper, suggested he would rather keep pressure off the prodigy.“But it’s hard when he’s that good,” Haaland said. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 15-year-old that good.”Dortmund have stated their expectation that Jadon Sancho will stay at the club next season, amid strong interest from Manchester United.They are looking to build a side to challenge Bayern Munich, and the emergence of Moukoko in the coming seasons could be important. It means it will be Haaland to whom Dortmund look for their chief goal threat in the new campaign, but youngster Moukoko could also have a part to play. Moukoko is 15 and has been a revelation at youth level, while also training with the Dortmund first team. He is with the Dortmund squad this week at their training camp in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland, and will be eligible to play senior football when he turns 16 on November 20. Haaland said: “He’s a lot better than I was when I was 15. He trains at Borussia Dortmund and keeps up. I was in my home club, Bryne FK, when I was 15. You can’t compare that.” Advertisementlast_img read more

Men’s basketball: Wisconsin to host UW-Stout for second exhibition game

first_imgThe University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team will host UW-Stout at the Kohl Center Sunday afternoon, for the second of three exhibition games.The Badgers take on another school in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference in a preseason duel each year.Sunday’s duel against the UW-Stout Blue Devils will be played in support of cancer awareness, following Wednesday night’s exhibition game against Northern Iowa. The UNI game was a fundraising initiative for Team Rubicon, an organization that deploys response teams to natural disasters, providing relief to Houston, Puerto Rico and California.In Sunday’s Cancer Awareness Game, the UW Athletic Department will recognize doctors, researchers, survivors and families, in partnership with Garding Against Cancer. Garding Against Cancer supports cancer research in Wisconsin, and was founded by head coach Greg Gard in honor of his late father who passed away from brain cancer.After the game, all attendees will be invited to practice their hoop skills on the Kohl Center court. Fans will also receive a Wisconsin men’s basketball official 2017-18 poster, sponsored by the UW Credit Union.This preseason exhibition game will help the Badgers develop a flow before they begin regular season play Nov. 10, as junior Ethan Happ is the only starter returning to the team. Happ is already leading the Badgers as he contributed 17 points in a closed scrimmage against Missouri Saturday, when the Badgers clinched a win with a score of 74-66.Not only will the natural disaster relief efforts and cancer awareness benefit from the extra exhibition games in the preseason, the Badgers will too. Being adaptable and ready for various kinds of play is advantageous, especially for a young team.Tip-off of the Wisconsin system matchup will take place in the Kohl Center at 4 p.m. Sunday, and the game will be available to stream on BTN Plus.last_img read more