Rightmove website was not compromised, says portal

first_imgRightmove has dismissed claims that its portal has been compromised after ITV London had claimed to have uncovered a new scam targeting renters in the capital.ITV issued a news report last week stating that the scam targets people who have been searching online for a place to rent in London.The news channel said that house-hunters receive an e-mail, claiming to be from a landlord they have already contacted who tells them an ideal property is still available, and available to view with an agent from Air BnB, but only after paying a hefty deposit.The report went on to state that it was not clear how the details are being harvested, but that many victims claimed that they received the e-mail after searching on Rightmove.But the UK’s leading property portal has responded to the report by insisting that it has carefully checked its website and found nothing wrong.“We received reports of two people being contacted by email from an unknown gmail account about a flat, which asks them to pay an upfront rental deposit via an AirBnB agent before they could view a property. We immediately investigated using all information provided to us and found no evidence of the security of our website being compromised,” said Sam Mitchell, Head of Lettings, Rightmove.“We take the security of our website very seriously and hire an external company to constantly run tests to detect any vulnerabilities on the website. We also offer the millions of home-hunters who use Rightmove every day advice about how to stay safe when renting, which includes the importance of using a secure network when searching online, making sure they have up-to-date virus protection installed and using a letting agent,” she added.Meanwhile, competitor property portal, OnTheMarket, last week announced it has launched in Northern Ireland.The website, which celebrated its one-year anniversary in January, is aiming to go head-to-head with Northern Ireland’s leading property search websites PropertyPal.com and PropertyNews.com as well as Zoopla.“Having made tremendous progress in England, Scotland and Wales over the last year, we are proud to present OnTheMarket.com in Northern Ireland as a much-needed competitor in the online property search market,” said Helen Whiteley, OTM’s Commercial Director.hacking OnTheMarket OTM portals Rightmove website fraud March 24, 2016The NegotiatorWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Rightmove website was not compromised, says portal previous nextProducts & ServicesRightmove website was not compromised, says portalRightmove denies hacking after claims that have house-hunters searching on Rightmove.co.uk were contacted by fraudsters.The Negotiator24th March 20160598 Viewslast_img read more

Home with amazing outlook going to auction

first_img3 Braemar Crescent, Castle HillA CASTLE Hill home with one of the best outlooks in Townsville will be sold under the hammer today.3 Braemer Crescent will be open for inspection at 10am before going to auction at 11am with the home’s stunning ocean views expected to draw buyers.The two-stoery double brick home has four bedroom, three bathrooms and a double garage positioned on a 961 sqm block. 3 Braemar Crescent, Castle HillMore from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020Smith and Elliott principal Sally Elliott said 60 people had already come to view the home.“The outlook is extraordinary and it’s an extremely solid home because it was built and designed by Kevin Max who was one of Townsville’s leading architects and builders back in the day,” she said.“It’s a home that would suit most people and it does have a self contained granny flat which is very spacious that has its own entrance but it also has an internal staircase.“Nearly every room expect for two bathrooms has an outlook.“It has got a warm and welcoming feeling and it’s just in one of those positions that don’t often come along and it can’t be built in front of.” 3 Braemar Crescent, Castle HillThe auction follows Ms Elliott selling a nearby property at 30 Yarrawonga Drv, Castle Hill at auction in December for $1.56 million. The house is located in a quiet cul-de-sac and is north facing with a huge, 38 sqm patio that has ocean and island views.There is plenty to room for a pool and the house could also be easily extended. For more information call Ms Elliott on 0409 550 454.last_img read more

City sex workers with ‘green cards’ safe – taskforce

first_imgThe taskforce is monitoring commercial sex workers everynight on Arroyo, Ledesma, Valeria, Delgado, and Mabolo streets in the CityProper, and in Arevalo district. The taskforce is also inspecting male and female commercialsex workers in nightclubs. In the City Proper, the taskforce was able to accountaround 100 freelance sex workers, and in Arevalo, more than 30. Thus this Dinagyang season the taskforce is just requiringcommercial sex workers to secure “green cards” from health authorities asguarantee that they are free from sexually transmitted infections. ILOILO City – While prostitution is illegal, the citygovernment’s Taskforce on Morals and Values Formation is dealing with thissocietal problem with utmost practicality. The oldest profession in the world,after all, could not be eliminated easily.center_img “It is good that they are the ones reaching out to us andinquiring about securing green cards,” said Canong. “Green cards are issued to freelance sex workers afterthey have complied with the requirements such as passing a medical examinationat the city’s Social Hygiene Clinic,” said taskforce head Nestor Canong. “Safe sila. Butwe know may iban pa nga gapulopanago, natahapnga dakpon. They have nothing to fear.Importante i-comply nila nga mga requirements.Open ang aton office, ang CityHealth Office kag ang Social HygieneClinic para sa ila,” said Canong./PNlast_img read more