Gold Coast property: Main Beach Bungalow’s mega sale price revealed

first_img The sprawling residence at 46-48 Peak Ave spans three levels with a tropical lagoon-style pool taking centre stage outside.Seller Micheal Willems, a real estate agent with Ray White Surfers Paradise Group, bought the house with his wife, Dayna, in October 2017 and revamped it.The couple added some extra rooms and overhauled the colour scheme but Mr Willems said all the hard work had already been done before they moved in. MORE NEWS: Gold Coast home a fresh start after bushfire devastation Top 5 tips for working at home as the COVID-19 crisis grips the country Style at every turn. The sale price of 46-48 Peak Ave, Main Beach is $4.75 million. Imagine relaxing in your own private lagoon-style pool. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 3:08Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -3:08 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow will COVID-19 compare to other market downturns03:08THE sale price of a lavish Gold Coast bungalow inspired by the famous Beverly Hills Hotel has finally been revealed.CoreLogic records reveal the property known as the Main Beach Bungalow changed hands for $4.75 million.center_img Agent Jackson Paradise, of Ray White Prestige, handled the sale.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa8 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day agoThe property was due to go under the hammer but went under contract days before its scheduled auction. At the time Mr Jackson said it was a big sale considering the block isn’t on the waterfront.He said the buyer was a local family attracted to the Main Beach lifestyle and all of the features the unusual property had to offer.“They love the location and, in terms of the house, the outdoor area with the tropical resort-style lagoon is what they really loved about it,” he said. The Main Beach Bungalow from the front. What a bathroom! Entertain in style!last_img read more

XPRIZE Winners Meet with Japanese Prime Minister

first_imgMembers of the GEBCO-Nippon Foundation Alumni Team have met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Tokyo on Wednesday, to explain the concept that won them the $4 million Shell Ocean Discovery XPRIZE for seafloor mapping and to talk about their shared vision to map the entire seafloor by 2030.The GEBCO-NF Alumni Team, made up of international graduates of The Nippon Foundation/GEBCO Postgraduate Training Program at the University of New Hampshire (UNH), US, spoke with Prime Minister Abe about the technology that they developed, and how their model of international scientific cooperation can help to map the gaps that still remain in our understanding of the ocean floor.They demonstrated their winning concept to Prime Minister Abe with scale replicas of the vessels that they used, as well as 3D visualizations of the data that they collected during the competition, and presented the Prime Minister with a copy of the General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans (GEBCO) 2019.Sattiabaruth Seeboruth, an alumnus of the Class of 2017 from Mauritius, said: “Meeting with the Prime Minister and Mr. Sasakawa and having them recognize our efforts is truly unbelievable. I know this will be a momentous moment in my life; it really is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion.”Dr Karolina Zwolak of Poland, who graduated from UNH in 2013, hoped the meeting would “consolidate the cooperation between ocean mappers around GEBCO, alongside scientists from Team KUROSHIO and Japanese officials, to continue the global effort of mapping the ocean floor.”The GEBCO-NF Alumni prevailed over teams from around the world to win the Ocean Discovery XPRIZE with their concept for fast, efficient, and cost-effective seafloor mapping.Their entry utilized the SEA-KIT Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) Maxlimer, alongside the Kongsberg Maritime HUGIN Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) System, leveraging new and existing technologies to optimal effect. SEA-KIT was able to autonomously launch and recover the Kongsberg Maritime HUGIN AUV, rated to operate at depths of up to 4,500 meters in Round 2, and act as a communication link during the latter’s subsea survey operations.The team also included Training Program alumni Dr Evgenia Bazhenova (Russia), Aileen Bohan (Ireland), Dr Mohamed Elsaied (Egypt), Andres Fitzcarrald (Peru), Tomer Ketter (Israel), Christina Lacerda (Brazil), Jaya Roperez (Philippines), Azmi Rosedee (Malaysia), Ivan Ryzhov (Russia), Hadar Sade (Israel), Neil Tinmouth (South Africa), Dr Rochelle Anne Wigley (US), and Dr Yulia Zarayskaya (Russia).“This win for the alumni-led team is a reflection of the ongoing investment in capacity-building by The Nippon Foundation, and reflects the passion of this global network to find solutions to help map our oceans”, said Dr Wigley, project director of the training program at UNH and an alumnus of the Class of 2008.The team’s SEA-KIT vessel USV Maxlimer was named after UNH Nippon Foundation/GEBCO Postgraduate Training Program alumna Maxlimer Anziani Vallee, who passed away following a car accident in January 2017. Since being used in the team’s XPRIZE entry, the vessel has completed the world’s first international commercial uncrewed transit, successfully traversing the world’s busiest shipping lane to deliver a box of oysters from the UK to Belgium in May 2019, GEBCO-NF noted.The Nippon Foundation is also jointly spearheading international efforts to map the entirety of the world’s ocean floor by the end of the next decade. The Nippon Foundation-GEBCO Seabed 2030 Project was launched by Sasakawa at the UN Oceans Conference in 2017, and more than 100 organisations are now contributing to the goal of producing a complete map.last_img read more

FA to review Cup rights after ties shown on betting website

first_img Read Also:FA Cup: City, Chelsea, Liverpool know fourth round foes In a statement to Britain’s Press Association, Duncan Selbie, chief executive of Public Health England, said: “PHE is currently reviewing the evidence about the health harms of gambling, which we believe are wide-ranging. “Our report will provide sports governing bodies a fresh opportunity to review their relationships with gambling.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The Football Association says it will review the betting element of FA Cup broadcast rights related to ties being viewed on a gambling website. Bookmaker Bet365 showed 23 third-round matches last weekend as part of its deal with the FA, which was signed in January 2017. The matches were only available to watch if the customer had placed a bet or deposited an account with £5 ($6.5) in the 24 hours before kick-off. The FA announced in July 2017 that it had cut all ties with gambling firms, ending a deal with Ladbrokes, and has suggested it will review future broadcast rights. “We will review this element of the media rights sales process ahead of tendering rights to the new cycle from the 2024⁄25 season onwards,” said an FA spokesman. “Leagues and clubs continue to govern their own relationships with gambling companies. “The FA agreed a media rights deal with IMG in early 2017, part of which permits them to sell the right to show live footage or clips of FA Cup matches to bookmakers. Bet365 acquired these rights from IMG to use from the start of the 2018⁄19 season.Advertisement Promoted ContentInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them6 TV Characters Whose Departures Have Made The Shows Better6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes7 Famous And Incredibly Unique Places In ThailandBest Car Manufacturers In The World10 Amazing Characters We Wish Were Official Disney Princesses Loading… “This deal was agreed before we made a clear decision on the FA’s relationship with gambling companies in June 2017 when we ended our partnership with Ladbrokes.” All third-round matches last weekend were delayed by one minute to publicise the FA’s Heads Up mental health campaign, backed by FA President Prince William. The Prince has no oversight or involvement in the commercial aspects of the FA.last_img read more

Barca president admits Xavi will become the club’s new boss soon

first_imgBarcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu believes Xavi will manage the club ‘sooner or later’ with the pressure continuing to mount on current boss Quique Setien. The Catalan club’s iconic midfielder has been linked with a return to the Nou Camp having managed Qatari side Al-Sadd since 2019. Barcelona have struggled to impress during Setien’s short reign and have fallen behind rivals Real Madrid in the race for the league title. The situation, which has been coupled with lacklustre displays on the field and controversial moments off of it, have led to reports linking Xavi with a return to his boyhood club. However, while Xavi is one of the men to lead the race to replace Setien, Bartomeu insists that they are backing their current manager to succeed this season. Xavi has been learning the ropes at Qatari side Al-Sadd and has been linked with a return ‘Xavi will be Barca’s coach, sooner or later. But right now we are not looking for a coach, we are with Quique,’ he told TV3.Advertisement Read Also: Breaking: Man City floor UEFA at CAS ‘He has a lot of time for Riqui Puig and Ansu [Fati]. We have seen Pedri and [Francisco] Trincao in form, there is hope.’ Barcelona saw off Real Valladolid at the weekend but will need Real to slip up in their remaining three games if they are to win a third straight LaLiga title. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 ‘Quique Setien will coach the team in the Champions League and these last two Liga games that are left. ‘We have had a very atypical season, we will play in August and he will be the coach. If we overcome Napoli, we will be in Lisbon. ‘Our will is to fulfil contracts and Setien has one. We went to Setien’s house to speak about the future, the plans for next season. He will probably be there and I am very interested to hear what he thinks. Loading… Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthAwesome But Ridiculously Expensive Things Bought By Keanu Reeveslast_img read more

Heritage Bank Targets New Stars with Skoolimpics

first_img“Skoolimpics is the holistic development of young people in order to foster their physical, social and emotional wellbeing,” Sekibo said.“The benefits of the games are immense because sports is an essential part of education, as such Skoolimpics put in another way is where education meets sports.“Before now, Nigeria was a force to reckon with on the continent and world in general, but the country’s recent lacklustre outing at the Rio Olympic Games in Brazil sums up the deterioration in our institutional sporting framework.”Speaking further, the MD said gone were the days when there were several competitions to detect athletes in various sports, mentioning organised games like the national Sports Festival, Army and Police Games, Customs, Immigrations and Prisons Games to mention but few.In her own word, the Divisional Head, Retail/SME of the bank, Ori Ogba, who was the brain behind the games said in less than three years of existence of the organization, they saw the need to invest more in the school children.She said: “Other institutions have been around and see no reason why they have to invest in the school children, but we decided to come up with Skoolimpics.“This is Heritage Bank’s brain child, nobody approached us. We came up with the idea and decided to invite others because we cannot do it alone.”Over 200 public and private secondary schools with about 6,000 students are expected to be part of the first edition of Skoolimpics with the games scheduled to start from November 2 to 4 at two different centres; Teslim Balogun Stadium, Suru-lere and Rowe Park, Yaba.The games touch will also be taken round the state starting today through, Friday, October 28.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Heritage Bank, Ifie Sekibo, said yesterday that the outfit was committed to discover, nurture and reward young talents from secondary schools.He said the need to catch them young and develop them to become future Olympics stars necessitated the introduction of Skoolimpics.Speaking during the press conference heralding the three-day games, Sekibo, who was represented by the Executive Director, Lagos and South-West Corporate Banking of Heritage Bank, Mary Akpobome, said there was need to tackle the dearth of insufficient sports talents and the best way to do that was by catching them young.last_img read more