The Disco Biscuits are gearing up for a big late-May run beginning this Friday night, May 18th, with a two-night run at Asheville, NC’s Salvage Station. Today, the band has announced that they will offer free webcasts for both nights of their North Carolina run via their official YouTube page. Both the May 18th and May 19th shows begin at 6 p.m. ET.From there, the Disco Biscuits will make their way to Colorado for their annual Bisco Inferno run including three straight nights at Denver’s famed Ogden Theatre (May 24, 25, and 26) leading up to a May 27th blowout at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison with support from two of the most buzzed-about rising acts on the road—Spafford and Organ Freeman. For more information on this year’s Bisco Inferno, or to grab your tickets, head here.Following their Colorado excursion, the Disco Biscuits will prepare for their annual multi-night festival, Camp Bisco, set to take place at Scranton, Pennsylvania’s Montage Mountain on July 12th, 13th, and 14th. Yesterday, the festival released the daily schedules for this year’s event, which will see the band play one set on Thursday, July 12th (alongside Tipper, Bonobo Live Band, STS9, Lettuce, and more); two sets on Friday, July 13th (along with Bassnectar, Lotus, Papadosio, Sunsquabi, Kung Fu, The Floozies, Mungion, and more); and three sets on Saturday, July 14th (in addition to performances by Excision, Illenium, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Ghostface Killah, TAUK, Magic Beans, ProbCause, and more). To grab your tickets to Camp Bisco 2018 today, head to the festival website here.
Despite the cut-off gas supply, state-owned gas company PGN said the 5,800 households “have not been affected yet” as the company had mobilized its compressed natural gas (CNG) reserves from neighboring East Java to power homes in the meantime.PGN said it channeled gas from the Gundih plant to 4,000 homes in Blora and 1,800 homes in Semarang, Central Java. Each customer in the former category consumed, on average, 1,300 cubic meters of gas per day, while those in the latter category used an average of 300 cu m daily. The gas is mostly used for cooking.“Stoves are still on as there is still piped gas supply,” said PGN corporate secretary Rachmat Hutama on Thursday. Meanwhile, the Tambak Lorok power plant’s operator, state-owned electricity company PLN, said the region’s electricity supply was “very safe” because regional peak electricity consumption had fallen 11.2 percent over the past two weeks due to COVID-19 restrictions.“So even if Tambak Lorok is non-operational, the system is safe because our supplies are very safe,” said PLN Java, Madura and Bali business director Haryanto.The electricity company also has a CNG reserve supply on standby that “will only be used, if needed, until Pertamina’s supply returns,” he added.The Tambak Lorok plant has a power production capacity of 450MW from two blocks that can collectively consume up to 50 billion British thermal unit (BBtu) of gas per day. The third block, slated to begin operations in April, will have a capacity of 780MW and consume 90 BBtu of gas each day. Topics : The shutdown of the Gundih facility, which produces 50 million metric standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd), has cut the gas supply to 5,800 homes within the region and to the 450 megawatt (MW) Tambak Lorok combined-cycle power plant (PLTGU).The gas well was shut down on April 9 shortly after the thermal oxidizer burst into a column of fire at around 9:30 a.m. that day. Pertamina EP, a subsidiary of state-owned energy company Pertamina, extinguished the fire by 10:45 a.m. with no reported casualties.Pertamina EP’s general manager for the facility, Agus Amperianto, said on April 10 that the Central Java Police had already investigated the incident but SKK Migas and the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry would conduct a more technical investigation into how the fire started.“Once the official investigation results from the Energy Ministry and SKK Migas are out, we will inform stakeholders,” he said. The Gundih gas processing facility in Blora, Central Java is expected to resume operations by Sunday after being shut down last week following a fire cut gas supplies to thousands of homes and a power plant in the province.The Upstream Oil and Gas Special Regulatory Task Force (SKK Migas) dispatched on Tuesday a team to investigate the cause of the fire. At the same time, the plant’s operator, oil and gas producer Pertamina EP, is working to repair the facility’s burned thermal oxidizer that functions as a gas emissions reduction device.“Hopefully, we can resume normal operations by this week,” said SKK Migas regional head Nur Wahidi in a statement on April 14, “A recovery would allow us to restore the fulfillment of energy needs.”
LEYLAND Leacock and Godfrey Lowden fashioned similar victories as they took the titles in the Men’s Over-35 and Over-45 categories respectively in straight sets when the tournament continued over the weekend at the GBTI courts in Bel Air, Georgetown.Leacock’s win over his older opponent Andre Lopes was, however, a much closer affair as both players displayed grit in trying to outlast each other in lengthy rallies, instead of pushing for outright winners.The first set went to a tiebreak where Lopes committed several costly forehand errors which allowed Leacock to win 7-3..Leacock served consistently and though surprised by the occasional winner from Lopes was able to win the title in straight sets 7-6(7/3), 6-4.Both players are in line to capture two medals as they are competing in Doubles final as well.In the Men’s 45 final, Alexley Almeida’s streak of coming back from a set down was halted by Berbician Godfrey Lowden who completed a straight-sets win, but not without some drama at the end.In the first set Lowden, who likes a fast-paced game, steamrolled Almeida 6-1, as the latter tried unsuccessfully to match his opponent.In the second set, Almeida threatened to make it a 3-set affair yet again as he slowed the pace and took the set to a tie-break. Leading 8-7 with set point, he suffered a dubious call, lost his composure and the set eventually at 11-9. It was a deserving win for Lowden who has been a stalwart over the years and still has the game and fitness to take on all players.In the Boys’ 18 category, the expected showdown between top players Heimraj Resaul and Jordan Beaton did not materialise after Resaul had to forfeit due to an injury.Jordan who benefited from the walkover took full advantage of the opportunity of being in the final and completed a 6-2, 6-1 win to take home the title over Joshua Kalekyezi who was also debuting in the 18’s final.Kalekyezi, who is only 14 years old and stands over 6 feet, originally lived in Uganda and he is expected to be a top player in the junior ranks for years to come. His tennis has come on significantly over the last year as he is already challenging his older counterparts with his attractive and solid game.In the Girls’ 18, top seed Kalyca Fraser proved to be too good for Sarah Klautky whom she crushed in straight sets 6-1, 6-1. Fraser is one of several promising junior players namely Klautky, Alana Chung, Nathalie Ramdyhan, Ciara Pooran and Afruica Gentle, who have all held their own in the tournament over the past two weeks. Fraser had wins over Sekai Jones and Alana Chung in the earlier rounds whilst Klautky took care of Margaret Subryan in the first round and edged Nathalie Ramdyhan in the semi-finals.In Men’s 35 Doubles action Andre Lopes/Sandeep Chand all but clinched the title with their third victory in the round-robin format, when they overcame the first-time pairing of veterans Godfrey Lowden/Ronald Murray 6-1, 6-3. Lopes/Chand played their best match of the tournament with consistent serving and strong net play and never allowed Lowden/Murray to gain any momentum.In other matches played Afruica Gentle/Christy Campbell booked a place in the Ladies’ Doubles final with a comfortable 6-1, 6-0 victory over Kalyca Fraser/Sarah Klautky and will face Shelly Ramdyhan/Fiona Bushell.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Been a crazy ride. Officially transferring for my 5th year of eligibility but I’ll never forget the memories with this team. Thankful to the coaches, my teammates and the fans #cuse4L #michiganwho #gradyearA post shared by Braedon Bayer (@bbayer21) on Mar 27, 2018 at 5:57pm PDT Published on March 27, 2018 at 9:35 pm Contact Matthew: [email protected] | @MatthewGut21 Syracuse guard Braedon Bayer will transfer from the program for his fifth and final year of eligibility, he announced Tuesday night on Instagram. He is the second SU player to transfer in as many days, joining former forward Matthew Moyer, who announced on Monday that he will transfer.www.instagram.com/p/Bg2PutZhGaL/” data-instgrm-version=”8″> Bayer, a 6-foot-4 native of Lagrangeville, New York, played in nine games and tallied 17 minutes on the floor during the 2017-18 season. He went from little-known reserve to key role player in Syracuse’s Round of 32 win over Michigan State. When guard Frank Howard fouled out with 6:29 left, the 11th-seeded Orange trailed third-seeded MSU by four points. But Bayer recorded a key block on MSU star and likely NBA lottery selection Miles Bridges in the 55-53 victory.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“To be put in that position, to stay focused and keep this team going, that was phenomenal,” Syracuse associate head coach Adrian Autry said after the game.Bayer was playing Division III hoops in Iowa just more than two years ago, but he had a steal and forced two jump balls during the final six minutes of the last win of SU’s season. He preserved the Sweet 16 run and set up a matchup with No. 2 Duke.For much of the season, Bayer played the opponent’s high-post man in SU practices. He mimicked what the opposition’s post players may do, giving SU starters an idea of what they might see in the upcoming game. Once former graduate transfer Geno Thorpe left the program in December and Howard Washington sustained a season-ending injury, Bayer became the first guard off the bench.“Braedon’s pretty good,” Boeheim said in January.In a brief phone conversation Tuesday night, Bayer’s father, Greg, said that Braedon transferred because he knew his scholarship would last for only the 2017-18 season.Throughout the season, Greg said, Bayer knew in the back of his mind that he would probably explore a graduate year for the 2018-19 season. Braedon was aware that he would probably not play much next season, and his goal is to “get some playing time either at a high-Division I school or at a mid-major program.”On Sunday, Bayer texted Boeheim and asked to meet with him in his office. They met on Monday afternoon at around 3 p.m., before a 4 p.m. team meeting. Boeheim told Bayer during the 15-minute conversation that he would “do everything he possibly can do to help” him find a new school for which to play. As Bayer was walking out of Boeheim’s office, Boeheim smiled and told him that he had played a nice game against Michigan State.“He wanted the opportunity to play and show his talents,” Greg said. “I think the Michigan State game opened some doors for him.”Bayer had already spoken with five coaches on Tuesday at the “pretty good D-I level,” Greg said. At least one school is in the Atlantic 10 conference. They are all in the Northeast, Greg said.Bayer will complete the spring semester at SU and graduate in May.Two years ago, Bayer watched Syracuse’s Final Four run from his bed in his South Campus apartment. Before that, he worked out every day at 6 a.m. for six weeks with former SU star and NBA draft pick Tyler Lydon and Autry. He wanted to play at Syracuse after a season and a half at D-III Grinnell College.By summer 2016, Lydon told former Syracuse assistant coach Mike Hopkins that Bayer “wasn’t just going to be a typical walk-on,” Bayer recalled. He earned a walk-on spot, then became a scholarship player after Thorpe left.Other possible next destinations for Bayer could include Binghamton and Fordham, both schools that showed interest in him as a high school player. Comments