Class of 1971 celebrates 50 year graduation anniversary and reflects on time at TCU

first_imgA fox’s tail: the story of TCU’s campus foxes What we’re reading: Chauvin found guilty in Floyd case, Xi to attend Biden’s climate change summit Twitter World Oceans Day shines spotlight on marine plastic pollution Ryann Booth Previous articleTCU rowing program strengthens after facing COVID-19 setbacksNext articleAbortion access threatened as restrictive bills make their way through Texas Legislature Ryann Booth Linkedin Academics at TCU Ryann Boothhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/ryann-booth/ Posting with a passion: TCU student builds loyal following with Instagram blog TCU places second in the National Student Advertising Competition, the highest in school history TCU rowing program strengthens after facing COVID-19 setbacks RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR ReddIt Ryann Boothhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/ryann-booth/ + posts Linkedin Twitter NewsCampus NewsGraduationTop StoriesClass of 1971 celebrates 50 year graduation anniversary and reflects on time at TCUBy Ryann Booth – May 4, 2021 550 ReddIt print Facebook Ryann Boothhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/ryann-booth/ Welcome TCU Class of 2025 Facebook Ryann Boothhttps://www.tcu360.com/author/ryann-booth/ Life in Fort Worthlast_img read more

Real Madrid are lining up Arsenal target Nicolas Tagliafico as Marcelo replacement

first_img Comment Nicolas Tagliafico is a man in demand (Picture: Getty Images)Real Madrid have lined up Ajax left-back Nicolas Tagliafico as a potential replacement for the out-going Marcelo, leaving Arsenal and Newcastle unlikely to land his services.The Argentina international has been impressive at Ajax since arriving from Independiente in 2018, catching the eye of Premier League and La Liga sides.Rio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starThe 26-year-old has 12 caps for his country and now Real Madrid are eyeing him up, according to the player’s agent.The Spanish giants are in the market for a new left-back with long-term occupant of the position, Marcelo, set to depart in the summer.ADVERTISEMENT Marcelo is off to Juventus (Picture: Getty Images)Marcelo has been at Real Madrid since 2007, making over 450 appearances for the Champions League holders.However, he looks almost certain to move to Turin in the summer as opportunities become less and less regular for him at the Santiago Bernabeu.MORE: Raheem Sterling explains why Liverpool slipped up during the Premier League title race in 2014MORE: Pedro insists Chelsea squad united after Maurizio Sarri makes example of Kepa Arrizabalaga Real Madrid are lining up Arsenal target Nicolas Tagliafico as Marcelo replacement Advertisementcenter_img Phil HaighThursday 28 Feb 2019 8:09 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link The left-back has caught the eye in Holland (Picture: Getty Images)‘Real Madrid have Tagliafico’s name on their list, because Marcelo is off to Juventus,’ said Richard Schliper.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘But no one has called me yet.’Both Arsenal and Newcastle are thought to be interested in Tagliafico’s services as well, with some reports even suggesting that the Gunners made a bid last year.The full-back is aware of the interest in him, but is concentrating on the task at hand, which involved beating the club he is being linked with.‘Before I came to Ajax, we talked about the possibility of La Liga because it is a league I like and a very competitive one‘I don’t know what will happen in the future. At the moment, I’m focused on trying to eliminate Real Madrid in the Champions League and continue fighting in the Dutch league to catch PSV.’ Advertisementlast_img read more

Four more deaths, number of COVID-19 cases nears 2000 in Iowa

first_imgJOHNSTON —  Governor Reynolds says there were almost 100 new positive COVID-19 cases reported as of this morning, bringing the state’s total near 2000.“Today we had 96 new positive cases for a total 1995 positive cases. No new counties, we have a total of 82 counties. 407 negative cases today for a total of 17,874 negative tests. The state hygienic lab has 3048 tests available. We have 908 Iowans that have recovered for a recovery rate of 46%,” she said during her Wednesday morning press conference. Reynolds says there were also four additional deaths reported.   Two cases of adults aged 61-80, one each in Allamakee and Johnson counties. The other two cases were elderly adults, those being in Clayton and Polk counties.Reynolds says there’s also another report of an outbreak of COVID-19 at a nursing home.  “The Department of Public Health has also confirmed one additional long-term care outbreak at Wilton Retirement Community in Muscatine County, and that brings our total number of long-term care facility outbreaks to seven. More than 10% of Iowa’s total number of positive COVID-19 cases and 49% of our deaths are related to long-term care outbreaks. All deaths in Iowa are among older or elderly individuals and those with underlying health conditions, again underscoring the importance in doing our part to protect our most vulnerable population.”The Iowa Department of Public Health dashboard shows no new cases of COVID-19 have been reported from north-central Iowa.last_img read more

FOI laws on legislative agenda says Premier

first_img Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, June 23, 2017 – Providenciales – Freedom of Information legislation is not forgotten by the new PDM Administration said Premier Sharlene Robinson on Tuesday when quizzed on the campaign promise.“It is definitely on our legislation agenda, of course you know the constitution would have provided for that legislation to be introduced, and persons will remember that I was a person who brought a private members motion, so the freedom of information legislation will be coming forward.  The evidence of the changing of the guard, you will see more ministerial interaction with the press, you will get that from us as Ministers.”The Premier, backed up by her Deputy Premier and other Ministers agreed that greater transparency in government will also require a mindset change.“So while you will have freedom of information, it is important for us to break that culture of just keeping information, you know we have never been forced in many departments to be open and transparent.  I don’t think people are hiding anything, it’s just a culture that has to be broken because information will certainly help in so many different ways.”#MagneticMediaNews#freedomofinformation#FOIlawsonagendasaysPremier Related Items:#FOIlawsonagendasaysPremier, #freedomofinformation, #magneticmedianews Don’t blame Magnetic Media, the public has a right to know – we are doing our joblast_img read more

Remembering the 343 New York City firefighters killed on 911

first_img Posted: September 6, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Remembering the 343 New York City firefighters killed on 9/11 September 6, 2019 Updated: 10:44 PMcenter_img KUSI Newsroom 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – In a few days, we will commemorate the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks.In Downtown Escondido, many are paying tribute to the nearly 3,000 innocent people who were killed in the attacks, as well as the sacrifices made by first responders. KUSI Newsroom, last_img read more

Nipah outbreak hits Kerala again authorities open isolation wards in Kochi hospital

last_img

Marriotts group commission cut from 10 down to 7 across US and

first_img Travelweek Group Tweet TORONTO — First it was the 48-hour cancellation policy and fee, a move that major competitors followed within months. Now Marriott’s cost-cutting measures are hitting the travel trade, as the hotel company announces it will reduce the commission it pays on group bookings from 10% down to 7%, effective March 31, 2018.Agency groups are already speaking out against the cut, which applies to commissions earned on group bookings made by group and meetings intermediaries for all properties in the U.S. and Canada.In the U.S., ASTA President and CEO Zane Kerby released this statement:“While we are in the process of assessing the impact of Marriott’s announcement on our members’ businesses, we are disappointed in the signal that a cut of this magnitude sends to the broader agency community.“Travellers – individuals and groups, corporate and leisure – are relying now more than ever on trusted agents to help them sort through a multitude of travel options and get the best value for their travel dollar.More news:  Air Canada’s global sales update includes Managing Director, Canada & USA Sales“In our view, a 30% cut in intermediary compensation diminishes the value of the role agents play in this complex and ever-changing industry.“We plan to discuss this change with Marriott, our agency and consortia members and other stakeholders with an eye toward ensuring positive business outcomes for all involved.”This is the latest cost-cutting measure for Marriott, now bigger than ever after its acquisition of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, announced in 2015. The Starwood acquisition had a transformative impact on Marriott’s global footprint: Marriott went from operating in 87 countries and territories at the end of 2015 to 122 by the end of 2016, taking a significant lead in market share over its next largest competitor. According to Bloomberg News, the merger increased Marriott’s size globally by 40%, to some 6,400 properties by the end of 2017.Marriott says it plans to add between 285,000 and 300,000 rooms around the world by 2019, part of a three-year growth trajectory that includes opening a hotel every 14 hours around the world.More news:  Onex paying big to get WestJet and that will send airfares soaring, says CWTIn July 2017 Marriott announced its new 48-hour cancellation policy, which levies a fee equivalent to the cost of one night’s stay to travellers who cancel their Marriott bookings with less than 48 hours notice.Marriott said its move was based on the number of rooms that were cancelled at the last minute and going empty, resulting in lost revenue.Hilton announced its own 48-hour cancellation rule just weeks later, effectively following Marriott’s lead.And earlier this year Hyatt fell in line too, with its own 48-hour booking policy. Hyatt guests now face a cancellation fee if they cancel a reservation within 48 hours or less. Posted by Tags: Commission, Group Travel, Marriottcenter_img Marriott’s group commission cut: from 10% down to 7%, across U.S. and Canada Thursday, January 25, 2018 << Previous PostNext Post >>last_img read more