Brett McMurphy Expounds On His Latest Zach Smith Report

first_imgzach smith gives an interview on espnCollege football insider Brett McMurphy, now an employee of Stadium, appeared on the radio this morning to expound on his Zach Smith report that dropped on Friday evening.The latest report alleged that the former Ohio State assistant coach had thousands of dollars worth of adult toys sent to the Buckeyes’ facility and that he took nude photos while inside the White House, among other things.This morning, McMurphy appeared on Clay Travis’ radio show to discuss his report and why he felt is was relevant.“If you’re an Ohio State fan, you don’t like (the new info) and if you’re not an Ohio State fan, you love it,” McMurphy said, per 247Sports. “The main reason I reported it is because Zach Smith was an employee at Ohio State having sex with a subordinate in the football office. He (took pictures) on a phone he conducts university business on. He was having all the (sex toys) items delivered, not to his personal home, but his place of employment.“This goes toward the lack of credibility this guy has when you factor in (the other stuff). The woman he had sex with was reassigned to another department in the summer of 2015. She was reassigned after what went on, but he remained employed.”Full details of the report can be seen here.McMurphy then detailed some questions he would ask Meyer if he could.“If I could ask Urban Meyer two questions, that would be one of the questions and the other question would be, ‘Why did you lie about this at media days?’” McMurphy said. “Everything I reported about Zach Smith’s past in 2009 and 2015, somebody at Ohio State knew about this information. Or multiple people. Zach Smith is the same person he is today as he was in 2015, 2013 and 2009. Ohio State never had a problem with Zach Smith until the information went public. Ohio State, not only Urban, needs to answer that question.”Ohio State’s investigation into Urban Meyer, meanwhile, was supposed to be wrapped up on Sunday. Stay tuned.last_img read more

California declares massive natural gas leak sealed

California declares massive natural gas leak sealed by Brian Melley, The Associated Press Posted Feb 18, 2016 11:17 am MDT Last Updated Feb 18, 2016 at 2:42 pm MDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email LOS ANGELES, Calif. – A blowout at a natural gas well that spewed massive amounts of climate-changing methane for nearly four months and drove thousands of Los Angeles families from their homes has been permanently sealed, state officials declared Thursday.The announcement certifying that the ruptured well had been plugged with cement brought a point of closure in the long-running drama that has disrupted life in the Porter Ranch community and drawn attention to a massive underground storage facility owned by Southern California Gas Co.Testing showed the well was no longer leaking, Jason Marshall, chief deputy director of the California Department of Conservation, said at a news conference.“Gas emissions are controlled and air quality has returned to normal levels,” Marshall said.Families in short-term housing — at hotels or staying with friends and relatives — will have eight days to return before the gas company stops reimbursements. Those who rented apartments and houses can stay through their leases as late as April 30.Investigations now will begin into how the well had managed to blowout and leak uncontrollably for so long. It was drilled for oil in 1953 and reused for natural gas storage in the 1970s.Wells of the same vintage will undergo rigorous inspections and all 114 wells near Porter Ranch must pass muster with the state before gas can be injected in the field — a process that could take up to 20 days per well, Marshall said.Other state agencies are looking into how to replace the energy the facility is capable of providing and what would happen to energy supplies if the Aliso Canyon facility — the largest in the West for gas storage — does not reopen.Some residents angry or sickened by the leak want to see the storage area permanently closed. The leak was reported in October, and nearby residents complained of headaches, nausea, dizziness and nosebleeds.Residents were relieved by the state’s declaration, but some expressed concerns about a repeat blowout or air pollution from the long-lasting leak.Simrat Aujla said she hadn’t noticed the sulfurous stench in recent days but remained concerned about whether the air was clean. She hadn’t resumed walking in her partly vacant gated Porter Ranch community.Uriel Rosoff of neighbouring Chatsworth said his adult daughter had to move out of his house because of nosebleeds, respiratory problems and migraine headaches. He wanted to be assured that safety valves were in place on wells in the mountain top facility, especially since the leaking well had a safety valve removed in 1979 that was not replaced.“I don’t know what to believe,” Rosoff said. “I’m skeptical of the other 114 wells up there that have been there anywhere from 30 to 70 years.”The gas company, a division of Sempra Energy, said it expects expenses of as much as $300 million for temporarily lodging 6,400 households, plugging the leak and the loss of gas that gushed for 16 weeks.The figure does not include potential damages from at least 67 lawsuits, penalties from government agencies and expenses to mitigate pollution, which the company noted could be significant.Dennis Arriola, president and chief executive of SoCalGas, said thye day marked a turning point and he pledged to take several steps to help residents return and push for new regulations to make gas storage safer.“I want to tell you that I recognize the disruption that this gas leak has caused to your lives,” Arriola said. “The discomfort of those who have experienced symptoms related to the odour agent in the gas; the challenges experienced by your families that have had to move or switch schools with their kids.”Natural gas is odourless and invisible, but an additive used to make it detectable to the human nose blanketed neighbourhoods at times with a nauseating stench.Public health officials blamed the odorant for many of the symptoms residents complained about, though they said they don’t expect long-term illnesses from the gas, which is mostly methane, or trace elements such as cancer-causing benzene.Air quality monitors set up during the leak will remain in place to make sure the air is clean to breathe.Although the well has been declared sealed, Gov. Jerry Brown won’t immediately lift an emergency declaration he made last month. read more

ExecuJet exhibiting at Mining Indaba

first_imgExecuJet Africa, part of the ExecuJet Aviation group is exhibiting at Mining Indaba, February 8-11 in Cape Town, South Africa. ExecuJet is showcasing its full suite of business aviation services, including aircraft management, helicopter and fixed-wing charter.The company is expanding Africa’s managed and charter fleet with the addition of a Cessna Supervan 900, ideal for accessing locations with short, unprepared landing strips, such as mining sites.Gavin Kiggen, Director of Aviation Services, ExecuJet Africa, says: “We are proud to be exhibiting at Mining Indaba for the fifth consecutive year and look forward to discussing how ExecuJet supports the mining interests and opportunities within the region.“Private aviation underpins Africa’s mining sector because aircraft are often the only means by which to reach isolated and remote locations. Our missions range from transporting mining personnel and cargo to oil pipeline inspections and security surveillance support.“In line with the key role aviation plays in the African mining industry, we are excited about adding a Cessna Supervan 900 to our fleet. We anticipate it will be in very high demand, not only for mining operations, but also remote sightseeing and safari expeditions.”ExecuJet Africa provides access to a range of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. The helicopter fleet includes the Bell 407, Bell 230, Agusta A109, Eurocopter EC130 B3 and B4, and the fixed-wing aircraft fleet includes Pilatus PC-12s, King Air 200/350/1900, Learjet 45s, Jetstream 41s, Bombardier Challenger 300s, Hawker 4000, Cessna Citations and Bombardier Global Express.ExecuJet’s Africa facilities have maintained International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO) certification for many years and the company is the first in Africa to achieve International Standard for Business Aircraft Handling (IS-BAH) accreditation. ExecuJet Africa is also a Wyvern Wingman member and is the only operator to have received the ARGUS Platinum Rating as a charter operator on the African continent.last_img read more