The Italian manager wants the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) technology available at the Champions League this seasonThe Video Assistant Referee Technology (VAR) is being used in the top leagues in the world or will be introduced soon.It was also used during the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia with successful results.And Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti has urged UEFA to introduce it as soon as possible in the Champions League.“I think they are already late in bringing it in,” Ancelotti told Radio Kiss Kiss as quoted by Football Italia.Sacchi explains Sarri, Conte, and Ancelotti Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Arrigo Sacchi talked about how Sarri has a tougher time at Juventus than Conte at Inter; while Ancelotti’s “blood is boiling” at Napoli.Arrigo Sacchi…“Now they say it’s an issue of referees without much experience dealing with VAR, but if you get to the Champions League Round of 16, the officials are going to be experienced and VAR could help them.”“There have been too many errors recently. If there’s an error in the league, you have time to make up for it, but in the Champions League you’re just out,” he added.“The system hasn’t started badly in Serie A, there were a few negative incidents, but at the end of the day it is still the referee who makes the decision.”“All VAR does is show the referee what he hasn’t been able to see live. The decision will always be subjective,” he commented.“I say that VAR ought to be used more.”
KUSI Newsroom, May 6, 2018 Five arrests made at Santee DUI checkpoint for Cinco De Mayo Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Posted: May 6, 2018 SANTEE (KUSI) — An overnight driver’s license/sobriety checkpoint in Santee netted five DUI arrests, a sheriff’s sergeant said Sunday.Also, six citations were issued for motorists driving unlicensed or with a suspended or revoked license, said Sgt. Joe Passalacqua of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.Eight vehicles were also impounded at the checkpoint near the intersection of Mission Gorge Road and State Route 125, which began at 8:30 p.m. Saturday and ended today at 2:30 a.m., Passalacqua said. KUSI Newsroom
ReutersIn 2018, the entire state of Kerala was in a state of panic as the Nipah virus claimed the lives of 17 people. And now, on June 03, 2019, health authorities in Kerala have hinted at a possible Nipah outbreak. As per reports, authorities have sent the blood sample of the suspected patient to the Pune virology institute, and the entire state is waiting to know whether the dreaded virus has made its way to Kerala. K K Shailaja, Kerala health minister, revealed that the suspected patient has shown signs of Nipah. However, she made it clear that the confirmation will be made only after the blood test. Shailaja also urged people to stay calm and revealed that the state is taking all necessary measures to ensure the safety of citizens.”It is not yet confirmed. But, the suspect patient has shown signs of Nipah. If anyone starts suffering from fever and severe cough, do not try to hide it, you should immediately seek medical advice. We have experience in handling emergency situations. Last year, we had a tough time, but this year, we will ensure that no one will die due to this virus,” said Shailaja. The District Medical Officer urged people not to panic and added that everything is under control now. The DMO also revealed that the place of origin of the current Nipah outbreak was not Ernakulam district.As a precautionary measure, the health ministry has ordered to open five isolation wards in Kalamassery Medical College, Cochin. The health ministry has also apparently asked health professionals in both government and private sectors to stay alert.As per the latest updates, a team of doctors and nurses who handled last year’s Nipah outbreak has already started their journey to Cochin. This team led by Dr. Chandini will work with experts in Cochin to formulate an effective treatment plan.
BNP senior leader Moudud Ahmed. Prothom Alo File PhotoAfter being attacked reportedly by the supporters of his opponents, BNP candidate for Noakhali-5 seat Moudud Ahmed on Monday decided not to carry out any electioneering until his security is ensured.”I’ve decided to withdraw myself from election campaign after being subjected to a serious attack today (Monday),” he told UNB over phone.Moudud, a BNP standing committee member, said he already informed the returning officer and army officials here about the incident. “I told them I won’t carry out electioneering until adequate security for my life is ensured.”Narrating the attack on him, the BNP leader said he was going to carry out election campaign at Natunbazar around 11am. “As my motorcade reached the bazar area, a group of ruling party activists equipped with rods and sticks attacked us and starting vandalising my car and another vehicle of my motorcade. They badly damaged the two vehicles.”He alleged that he could have died the way the ruling party men attacked his vehicle. “Allah saved me, but my five followers were injured badly. “It’s a matter of wonder they attacked a candidate like me.”Moudud said the ruling party activists also attacked his supporters at Chaprashirhat, leaving many of them injured. “After such attacks, I returned home stopping electioneering as my life is not safe.”
By FARAI MUTSAKA, Associated PressHARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — Zimbabwe’s 94-year-old former president Robert Mugabe is no longer able to walk as his health declines, his successor said Saturday.President Emmerson Mnangagwa told ruling party supporters that Mugabe has been in a hospital in Singapore for the past two months.“He can no longer walk but we will continue to take care of him,” said Mnangagwa, who took over from his former mentor a year ago after Mugabe stepped down under military pressure.In this Sunday, July 29, 2018 file photo, former Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe holds a press briefing at his residence in Harare. (AP Photo/Tsvangirayi Mukwazhi, file)Mugabe was the world’s oldest head of state before his dramatic exit following 37 years in power, a period in which he led the country from independence into repression and economic collapse. For years, Zimbabweans who saw their aging leader nod off during events speculated how long he would stay in office, while his wife vowed that he could rule from the grave.In a rare public appearance in July, Mugabe slumped behind a bank of microphones during a press conference and didn’t leave his chair until reporters left.In his remarks on Saturday to supporters at a rally in Mugabe’s home district, Mnangagwa said the former leader had planned to return to Zimbabwe on Oct. 15 but was not feeling well.Mnangagwa did not give further details about Mugabe’s condition.He is now expected to return to Zimbabwe on Nov. 30.The president and Mugabe, whose firing of Mnangagwa as his deputy led to his ouster, have made recent signs of reconciliation. Mugabe supported an opposition leader in Zimbabwe’s historic election in July but in September said he accepted Mnangagwa’s win. “All of us are now duty-bound to rally behind the government,” he said.Mnangagwa in turn on Saturday heaped praise on the former president.___Follow Africa news at https://twitter.com/AP_Africa