SOUTHAMPTON (4-2-3-1)FORSTER, MARTINA, FONTE, VAN DIJK, BERTRAND,CLASIE, WANYAMA,MANE, LONG, TADIC,PELLEBONY, AGUERO,NASRI, FERNANDO, DELPH, NAVAS,KOLAROV, MANGALA, OTEMANEDI, ZABALETA, HART CITY (4-4-2)On Tuesday, Manchester City held Real Madrid to a creditable goalless draw in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final and now go to Spain for the return knowing a 1-0 win will take them to their first ever final at San Siro in Milan, Italy.Both teams are in fine form in the Barclays Premier League. Southampton have won four and drawn one of their last six while City have won five and drawn two of their last eight.Saints won 4-2 at relegated Aston Villa last weekend and remain in eighth place. City beat Stoke 4-0 last time out in the league and moved into third spot ahead of Arsenal on goal difference.Sergio Aguero scored a penalty against Stoke and now has 22 goals in his last 21 Premier League appearances, including seven in his last five games.Aguero has now netted in five consecutive Premier League games for the fourth time in his career (also November 2013, January 2014 and May 2015).City beat Saints 3-1 at the Etihad in November and, on their last visit to Southampton they won 3-0 despite having Eliaquim Mangala sent off.That was the latest of five City wins in the Premier League at Southampton in 11 visits. They drew four more and have lost there just twice, most recently three years ago.Southampton are relatively healthy, missing only Charlie Austin and Florin Gardos. City, meanwhile, test Samir Nasri and Yaya Toure, who both missed the draw against Real on Tuesday.
0Shares0000Harambee Starlets players line up before their Tokyo 2020 Olympic qualification match against Malawi at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos on September 1, 2019. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Sep 25 – Harambee Starlets assistant coach Jackeline Juma has warned Ghana to expect an attack minded team when the two teams clash away in Accra on October 4 for the Olympics qualifiers.Kenyan team has been in training in Nairobi and will seek to stamp its prowess on the continent by winning the single automatic ticket for Africa to the 2020 Tokyo Games. Eight teams remain in contention for the third-round ties including Ghana, nine-time African champions Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Zambia, South Africa, Gabon and Cameroon.Juma has exuded optimism saying Kenya has what it takes to get a positive result.“I believe in my player’s readiness to get another win and proceed to the last round,” said the coach on Wednesday in Nairobi.“Ghana is a tough team since we played against them in 2016 and managed 1-1 draw but with enough zeal and practice, we shall be able to perform in the game.”Nine-time continental champions Nigeria are the only African team to have played in FIFA’s eight Women’s World Cup tournaments since 1991, but they have failed to translate their continental dominance on the world stage.The overall winners after the fifth round will qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, while the runners-up will contest a play-off against Chile, who finished in second place in the South American qualifying tournament.Kenya’s Harambee Starlets forward Mwanahalima Adam also expressed belief in the team and rallied her troops to keep focus and maintain the momentum they had in the last game winning against Malawi.Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa said the team has been empowered and will be a hard nut to crack for Ghana.“We will be seeking Olympics glory when Kenya host Ghana in the second leg of their third-round qualifier on Oct. 8 in Nairobi,” he said.The dates of the intercontinental play-offs are still to be determined.-By Xhinua-0Shares0000(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)
A man caught driving his identical twin brother while he was doing a handstand inside his car had his charge reduced – after a judge heard he had a new driving job!Peter HeaneyPeter Heaney had been charged with dangerous driving when he appeared at Letterkenny District Court yesterday. The 21 year old had been spotted by Gardai driving his twin brother Shane on June 22nd last between the villages of Ramelton and Milford.Gardai revealed how Shane’s entire body including his legs were sticking out of the sunroof of the car while his head was inside.Peter Heaney appeared in court on a charge of dangerous driving.Even his solicitor Frank Dorrian described the manoeuvre as “ridiculous and bizarre behaviour.”“It was an extraordinary picture if you can imagine it,” admitted Mr Dorrian.However he said his client was the driver and it was his brother who had put him in jeopardy because of his behaviour on the night.The court heard that Heaney, of Carrownagonnagh, Milford, was due to start a new job – as a driver for an amusement arcade.Judge Paul Kelly said he was reducing the case from dangerous driving to careless driving in light of the act that Heaney had the promise of employment.He fined him €300 on the careless driving charge and warned him that he was “on a short lead.”MAN CAUGHT DRIVING HIS HANDSTAND BROTHER HAS CHARGE REDUCED – TO START NEW DRIVING JOB! was last modified: March 11th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:careless drivingdangerous drivingdonegalhandstandJudge Peter KellyletterkennyMilfordPeter Heaney
The Health Professions Council of SA has urged the public to be on the look-out for bogus doctors. The council says many South Africans fall victim to fraudulent medical practitioners.The council said that if people are unsure of a doctor’s registration status, they have the right to ask any practitioner to produce his or her credit card size practising card. (Image: Health Professionals Council of SA, via Facebook)Brand South Africa reporterThe Health Professions Council of SA has urged the public to be on the look-out for bogus doctors, saying many people in both urban and rural areas could be falling prey to fraudulent medical practitioners.The call follows the uncovering of a bogus doctor who was “treating” people in Hammanskraal, north of Pretoria, and the jailing of a woman in the Eastern Cape who has been masquerading as a doctor for years.The council said that if people are unsure of a doctor’s registration status, they have the right to ask any practitioner to produce his or her credit card size practising card.Members of the public wanting to check if a doctor is registered and allowed to practice can also phone the council’s call centre at (012) 338-9300/1 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.“Not only do fictitious doctors bring the profession into disrepute, but also they endanger the lives of countless people they ‘treat’ every day”, said council chief executive Boyce Mkhize.The council keeps records of all medical practitioners, and anyone practising while not registered is breaking the law.Source: BuaNews
A day after some Kashmiri students were thrashed in Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, hoardings appeared in different parts of the city here on Thursday, asking Kashmiris living in Uttar Pradesh to leave the State or face the consequences.“Boycott the Kashmiris who throw stones at Indian Army. Kashmiris leave Uttar Pradesh or face consequences,” said the hoardings, purportedly put up by the Uttar Pradesh Navnirman Sena, a fringe group.The hoardings came up after videos of clashes between security forces and protesters in the Kashmir Valley went viral on social media. The district administration removed the hoardings while the police said they would “file a case under relevant sections.”The head of the outfit, Amit Jani, said: “We want to boycott Kashmiris socially and financially so that they can tell their brothers in Kashmir not to trouble the Army. This is an important thing which must be done in order to ensure the safety of the Army in Kashmir.”Mr. Jani was arrested last year for threatening to kill JNU students Umar Khalid and Kanhaiya Kumar. Many students from Kashmir study in educational institutions in and around Meerut. Vice-Chancellor N.K. Ahuja said they were feeling safe.
LATEST STORIES Is Luis Manzano planning to propose to Jessy Mendiola? SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion LOOK: Joyce Pring goes public with engagement to Juancho Triviño Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting PSL Finals: F2 Logistics deals Petron its first loss, forces do-or-die Game 3 Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lacson: 2019 budget delay due to P75-B House ‘insertion’ Hotel management clarifies SEAG footballers’ kikiam breakfast issue MOST READ FC Barcelona’s forward Lionel Messi during their La Liga soccer match between Levante UD and FC Barcelona at Ciutat de Valencia stadium in Valencia, Spain, Sunday, Dec. 16, 2018.(AP Photo/Jose Miguel Fernandez de Velasco)BARCELONA, Spain — Lionel Messi received his record fifth Golden Shoe award on Tuesday for leading all of Europe’s soccer leagues in scoring last season.Messi’s fifth win breaks the tie he had with Cristiano Ronaldo.ADVERTISEMENT PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss TS Kammuri to enter PAR possibly a day after SEA Games opening The 31-year-old Messi is Barcelona’s all-time leading scorer. The club credits him with 572 goals in 655 games.The Golden Shoe is awarded by European Sports Media, an association of European sports newspapers and magazines.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Messi scored 34 goals in the Spanish league last season to lead Barcelona to the title. Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah was the second leading scorer of Europe’s domestic leagues with 32 goals in England.Messi also won the award in 2009-10 (34 goals), 2011-12 (50), 2012-13 (46) and 2016-17 (37).FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefThe Argentina forward currently leads Europe’s top leagues with 14 goals this season.“I love football, but when I started I didn’t expect all this. My dream was to be a professional player,” Messi said. “This is thanks to the hard work and effort I have put in, and above all to my teammates. I have the best players in the world at their positions playing beside me.” View comments
New Delhi: The ED on Friday night arrested Hyderabad-based businessman Satish Sana Babu, based on whose complaint, the CBI had registered a corruption case against its own former Special Director Rakesh Asthana. The ED arrested Sana from Delhi in connection with a PMLA case it is probing against controversial meat exporter Moin Qureshi and others, including former CBI director AP Singh.Sana was produced in Special court here, which granted ED five days custodial remand, remarking that “It is an investigation that is going on for a long time… certain contradictions have appeared… that is why he has been arrested. ED has made the arrest on its own risk.” Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c detailsThe ED had registered a money laundering case in the matter in 2017 based on a CBI FIR that accused Qureshi of acting as a middleman to pull favours with several senior public office holders, including Singh. Sana is also part of this probe. In fact, Sana had made a complaint to the CBI last year that threw the agency into an internal war. Former Director Alok Verma got ready to probe Asthana based on Sana’s statement and Asthana subsequently made serious allegations of corruption against Verma. The CBI infighting continued with several officers being transferred; Verma resigned from service and Asthana was moved to the Civil Aviation Bureau and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval somehow came into the mix as it came to light that his phone was allegedly being tapped. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from ThursdayThe reason Sana’s complaint rocked the probe agency last October was the seriousness of his allegations. According the subsequent FIR that the CBI registered, there seemed to be a connection between summons being issued to Sana, illegal gratification received by Asthana, Devinder Kumar, and Samanth Goel (public officials) and the relief provided to Sana subsequently. Sana was summoned by the CBI four times between October and December and it was allegedly agreed upon that Rs 5 crore needed to be paid to stop further harassment. Rs 3 crore was allegedly paid on December 10 and 13, 2017, after which the summons to Sana stopped. The businessman, however, was being pressurised to pay the rest of the amount, Rs 2 crore. Interestingly, Asthana had claimed that it was former director Alok Verma who had taken the Rs 2 crore to provide relief to Sana. The Central Bureau of Investigation is still probing the case against Rakesh Asthana.
Six stories in the news for Wednesday, April 11———TRUCK COMPANY INVOLVED IN HUMBOLDT CRASH LOSES CERTIFICATEA Calgary trucking company that owns the big rig that collided with the Humboldt Broncos bus last Friday and killed 15 people has been ordered to keep its vehicles off the road. Alberta Transportation spokesman John Archer says Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. began operating last fall and hadn’t been involved in any collisions until now. Archer says pulling the carrier’s safety fitness certificate is “standard procedure.”———NO KNOWN FEDERAL PLAN YET TO SAVE PIPELINEFederal Finance Minister Bill Morneau will meet with Alberta Premier Rachel Notley in Toronto today to discuss the ongoing battle over the Trans Mountain pipeline. Morneau and the Trudeau cabinet held an emergency meeting yesterday to discuss ways to salvage the pipeline expansion, but did not say if they drafted a plan. B.C. opposes the expansion and Notley says Alberta is prepared to take it over entirely if need be.———SENTENCING TODAY FOR EX-AIDE TO ONTARIO PREMIERA former political aide is set to find out his punishment today for destroying computer records related to Ontario’s gas-plants fiasco. David Livingston, chief of staff to ex-Liberal premier Dalton McGuinty, was found guilty in January of illegal computer use. Court heard Livingston was part of a plot to delete records related to the government’s decision to cancel two gas plants ahead of the 2011 Ontario election.———ALLEGED SERIAL KILLER SLATED TO APPEAR IN COURTAlleged serial killer Bruce McArthur is expected to appear in a Toronto courtroom today. The 66-year-old landscaper has been charged with the first-degree murder of six men with connections to the city’s LGBTQ community. Police have recovered the remains of seven people and have thus far identified three men: Andrew Kinsman, 49, Soroush Mahmudi, 50, and Skandaraj Navaratnam, 40.———NEW DETAILS EXPECTED TODAY IN COLD CASE HOMICIDESPolice in Washington state are expected to release new details today about a young couple from British Columbia who were murdered more than 30 years ago. The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office says it has new suspect information in the deaths of 18-year-old Tanya Van Cuylenborg and 20-year-old Jay Cook. Their bodies were found outside Seattle in 1987. Investigators say the new information comes from a new way of analyzing DNA.———CURTAIN SET TO RISE ON NHL’S ‘SECOND SEASON’Three games launch the NHL playoffs tonight, including the Winnipeg Jets at home against Minnesota to begin their best-of-7 first-round series. Winnipeg ended the regular season with 114 points — second most in the league. The Pittsburgh Penguins will begin their Stanley Cup defence when they host Philadelphia, and the expansion Vegas Golden Knights host the Los Angeles Kings to open their series.———ALSO IN THE NEWS TODAY— Sentencing arguments for Alexandre Bissonnette, who killed six people at a Quebec City mosque last year.— Halifax trial continues for Nicholas Butcher, charged in the death of Montreal-born yoga instructor Kristin Johnston.— Calgary inquiry continues into the deaths of 17-year-old twins Evan and Jordan Caldwell during a sledding accident in 2016.— N.L. Premier Dwight Ball will releases a pre-feasibility study for a fixed link between Labrador and Newfoundland.— The City of Vancouver will make an announcement about short-term rentals with Airbnb.
The MOMS Denise Albert and Melissa Musen Gerstein along with award-winning actress and singer Kristin Chenoweth hosted a MAMARAZZI event on Wednesday, September 28th, 2016.Denise Albert, Kristin Chenoweth, Melissa Musen GersteinCredit/Copyright: Fredy Mfuko/Mission 101 ProductionsThe event was sponsored by breast cancer support initiative Warriors in Pink powered by Ford, and was held at the renowned The Carlyle Hotel on New York’s Upper East Side.The event was an impactful one with several heartfelt speeches; the first one from breast cancer survivor and Warriors in Pink “Model of Courage” Lorraine Elmo. She told the attendees about not only her own struggle with cancer but also her mother’s struggle with cancer and how difficult it was to explain it to her children. She explained how important it was in the middle of her cancer battle to keep up her spirits and give her last bit of energy to her children to ease their struggle, and the big role music had in helping her heal.The MOMS extended a wholehearted thank you to guests for attending this important event and for supporting breast cancer awareness month. Denise Albert took off her wig for the first time in public as Kristin Chenoweth had expressed a wish to see her without it.Kristin Chenoweth’s speech revolved around how inspirational it is to see Denise fight her cancer so fiercely and how Melissa is there for her through thick and thin just like a sister. She also went on to explain how during lower days, music helps to inspire and lift one up and how music has helped her get through the devastation of having both a mother and two aunts battle breast cancer. Said Chenoweth, “Music is the vibration that heals the soul”.Through the Warriors in Pink program, Ford is committed to helping those touched by breast cancer and has dedicated $130M to research, education and support services. Warriors in Pink (#WarriorsInPinkMOMS) also empowers people to take real action to help those battling the disease through the More Good Days initiative (#MoreGoodDays), which launched in 2015 to help lessen the burden on those living with breast cancer and bring them what they ultimately deserve – more good days.The MAMARAZZI event is part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, with Denise Albert and Melissa Musen Gerstein helping to raise awareness about how to bring More Good Days to those living with breast cancer. Denise, currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer, alongside her friend and business partner, Melissa, can offer insights from first-hand experience into dealing with the everyday challenges of fighting breast cancer and finding the strength within to continue the fight.