Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation will hold its 98th annual meeting Nov. 30 – Dec. 2 in Columbus. Nearly 340 delegates from all Ohio counties will establish the organization’s policy goals for the coming year, elect leaders, recognize county Farm Bureau and individual achievements and conduct leadership training. The theme of the meeting is Growing For Our Future. Among the top policy issues will be protections for members’ rights as parties to oil and gas leases, addressing needed funding for Ohio’s roads and bridges and voluntary tracking of best farm management practices that improve the quality of Ohio’s waters. Delegates are also expected to discuss the huge property tax increases farmers are experiencing and efforts to obtain legislative relief. Keynote speeches will be delivered by Ohio Farm Bureau President Frank Burkett III and the organization’s new Executive Vice President Adam Sharp. Attendees also will hear from Nationwide Chief Executive Officer Steve Rasmussen. County Farm Bureaus will be recognized for outstanding local programming, and individuals will be honored for their work to build membership and their contributions to the farm and food community. Ohio Farm Bureau’s Young Ag Professionals group will name their new chairpersons. The fourth annual Ohio Food and Farm Leadership Forum takes place Nov. 30 in conjunction with the annual meeting. Speakers will address communicating through social media, developing leadership skills, healthcare options for small employers, and agribusiness insurance. A Community Showcase will feature exhibits from nearly 60 Farm Bureau benefit providers and other associated businesses.
A government memorandum advising bureaucrats to avoid ‘casual attires’ such as denim wears while being on official duty has triggered criticism from the Opposition parties here, who termed it ‘feudal’. The memorandum issued by Principal Secretary for Revenue, Education and Information and Cultural Affairs Sushil Kumar advised officials to give due regard to dress code during the State-level official meetings. “District Magistrates, ADMs being the district head need to ensure that in/at the State-level official meetings which are chaired by the Chief Minister, Dy. CM, Ministers, Chief Secretary or other high level officials, due regard needs to be given to the dress code,” the memorandum said. It said: “Certain casual attires like jeans and cargo pants should be avoided.” In the memorandum, Mr. Kumar said that he has three decades of experience in the government service and he was yet to see an officer from the IAS or central services come to office wearing casual attires like denims.
The Kashmir Valley has so far been peaceful this summer with no stone pelting protests like last year. But the CRPF has a ready solution to deal with such an eventuality this time. In May, the CRPF had placed an order for as many as 10,000 chilli grenades from a Secundarabad-based firm at a whopping cost of Rs 1.51 crore.Seen as a much safer replacement of tear gas shells, the chilli grenades, which use Oleoresin (a chilli extract) are specially designed to disperse rioting mob by producing an irritation in the eyes of protesters. From now on, these chilli grenades would be used to tackle any stone-pelting protests in Jammu & Kashmir, a home ministry source said.The CRPF has already started receiving these grenades in batches and the entire order is expected to be in by August this year, the source said. The DRDO had developed a prototype of the chilli grenade last year which had impressed the CRPF and they decided to use it as a model of nonlethal equipment to deal with civilian protests.Tear gas shells, which are fired from a gun, were identified as the main reason behind some of the deaths in the Valley last year.Officials were also concerned as there were instances when the tear gas shells were lobbed back by the protesters, injuring police or army officials as well. But the chilli grenades are designed to be lobbed by hand from a safe distance of nearly 40 metres and instantly produce smoke which causes irritation in the eyes, temporarily blinding a person and so, enables the police to apprehend the protester as well.advertisementFor more news on India, click here.For more news on Business, click here.For more news on Movies, click here.For more news on Sports, click here.
New sports minister Jitendra Singh, on his first day in office on Tuesday, stressed on increasing transparency and accountability in sports federations, saying he would like to carry forward “the remarkable job” done by his predecessor Ajay Maken.The 41-year-old politician from Alwar, Rajasthan, added that his aim would be to bring all the concerned parties together on a common platform regarding the implementation of the contentious National Sports Development Bill.”I have just taken over and it would take me some time to get my bearings. My predecessor Ajay Maken did a remarkable job during his stint and I want to carry that forward,” Jitendra said at a media interaction on Tuesday.”Regarding the implementation of the sports bill, I would like to talk to all the sports federations and take everyone on board. We need to work together. At the end of the day, sports and the sportspersons should be our focus.”I always feel that in any job, there should be transparency and accountability.That is important everywhere, be it government or any other organisation. But it will be premature for me to say anything right now.Let me have an interaction with all the stakeholders and try to take it forward.” When asked about his roadmap to capitalise on India’s creditable show at the London Olympics, Jitendra said having been a sportsperson himself made him aware of the problems faced by the fraternity.”I have been a national level shooter myself and am aware of their problems. I would like to get more details and for that I would speak to Ajay Maken. Basically, we need to have a focused plan to develop sports,” Jitendra, who was a trap shooter himself, said.He added that having been part of the home ministry for more than a year, he has realised that sports has a unique power to mobilise youth towards a positive lifestyle.”In a country where more than 50 per cent of the population is young, the ministry that I have been assigned has a very important role to play as it not only looks after sports but also youth affairs,” he said.advertisement
NYON, Switzerland (AP) — UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin has ended predecessor Michel Platini’s favored tradition of presenting captains with trophies in the VIP section.UEFA says Ceferin decided “trophy presentations on the pitch will now be standard practice across all UEFA club and national team competitions.”Ceferin says “officials should come down from the stands to the players — to their arena — and pay tribute to them.”It will start next week in Stockholm when Ceferin hands the Europa League trophy to Ajax or Manchester United.After Platini was elected UEFA president in 2007, he stopped the practice of teams collecting their trophy on the field in a shower of confetti.UEFA says on-field presentations give fans a better view inside the stadium and clearer pictures to TV audiences.TweetPinShare0 Shares
Sarri delighted with ‘reaction’ for Chelsea win at Watfordby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Maurizio Sarri was pleased with their victory at Watford on Wednesday night.Eden Hazard scored twice as Chelsea gained a hard-fought win at Watford to reclaim fourth place in the Premier League table.The Belgian opened the scoring when he collected Mateo Kovacic’s pass, took the ball around goalkeeper Ben Foster and calmly finished for his 100th Blues goal.Chelsea’s lead only lasted two minutes until Roberto Pereyra volleyed past Kepa Arrizabalaga from the edge of the 18-yard box.But Hazard grabbed his second of the match in the second half when he converted a penalty after Foster had bundled him over.Sarri told Sky Sports: “I think we played a good match with a good level of determination and attention for 90 minutes. We could have won with another result. we missed three or four good opportunities but I’m happy with the reaction. It was dangerous for us when they conceded, but we reacted well and we didn’t stop playing our football.”On Eden Hazard’s performance, he added: “I think he played very well, not only for his two goals, but he was good with his teammates and in open spaces. I like him in every position he is a great player.”In this moment we need this solution because we need to be more solid defensively and with this system we can score and become more solid in the defensive phase. Maybe in the last match, we played better in the first half than we did tonight, but today the application was very good.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Sevilla sporting director Monchi admits Real Madrid deserved winby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveSevilla sporting director Monchi admits Real Madrid deserved their 1-0 win at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan on Sunday.Karim Benzema’s second half header made sure that Zinedine Zidane’s side responded in the right way after their 3-0 defeat in Paris on Wednesday.”Today we saw a good Real Madrid team,” Monchi said.”They were a team that performed at a very high level, nothing like the level of Wednesday.”They were a team made to win and at this level it’s not easy.”
Man Utd planning offers for Rice and Koulibalyby Paul Vegas16 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United will pursue Declan Rice and Kalidou Koulibaly this summer, regardless of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s future.The Norwegian is under to pressure to keep his job, with reports stating he could be sacked if United are pummelled by Liverpool after the international break.A poor start to the season which sees them lie in 12th has prompted the club’s board to plan transfers for January, with Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic and Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen considered.Goal says the transfers of West Ham youngster Rice and Napoli defender Koulibaly are being targeted for the summer.Both players could cost a combined total of over £200m. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
zoom New Zealand’s Port of Tauranga is on track to become the first port in the country to transport more than one million containers across its wharves in a single year after posting strong half year results.The port handled 510,074 TEUs in the first six months of the Fiscal Year 2017, an 8% rise compared to the volume handled in the same period a year earlier.Overall, the port’s half year trade volumes grew 8% to 11 million tonnes from 10.1 million tonnes in 1H FY 2016.Half year revenue increased by 2.8% to NZD 125.3 million (USD 90.2 million), and net profit rose by 8.5%, to NZD 41.9 million from NZD 38.6 million, as the port benefited from rising cargo volumes, increased productivity, and the recently completed NZD 350 million expansion project which made larger vessels, such as the 9,500 TEU Aotea Maersk, regular visitors of the port.”Hamburg Sud last month announced it will introduce in March a big ship, peak season weekly service, with Tauranga as its only New Zealand call. The largest cruise ship ever to visit the Bay of Plenty – the 4,700 passenger, 1,600 crew Ovation of the Seas – also made its maiden voyage to Tauranga on Boxing Day and has made a couple of further calls since,” the port’s Chief Executive Mark Cairns said.In the first six months of FY 2017, a total of 774 ships called the port, 4% more compared to 741 vessel calls in 1H FY 2016.During the half year period, Port of Tauranga invested NZD 43.9 million in new infrastructure to further increase storage capacity and productivity. The investments included final payments on the two new gantry cranes commissioned, thirteen new straddle carriers and several property developments at the container terminal.
New Delhi: Legendary Sachin Tendulkar has categorically refuted all allegations of Conflict of Interest levelled against him as he claimed to have neither “received any compensation” nor holding any decision making role in the IPL franchise Mumbai Indians. Tendulkar on Sunday filed a 14-point written response to a notice sent by Ombudsman cum Ethics Officer Justice (Retd) DK Jain. It was with regards to a Conflict of Interest complaint filed by the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) member Sanjeev Gupta. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: RijijuAs per the complainant, Tendulkar and Laxman are allegedly performing dual roles, first of a “support staff” in their respective IPL franchises Mumbai Indians (MI) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), and second as members of the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC). “At the outset, the Noticee (Tendulkar) denies the contents of the Complaint in totality (except the statements specifically admitted herein). No part of the Complaint should be deemed to be admitted by the Noticee for lack of specific denials,” Tendulkar wrote in his response which is in possession of PTI. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai MastersSince Gupta’s complaints harped specifically on Tendulkar’s role in the MI, the iconic cricketer in his response have made a full disclosure of his role in the franchise. “The Noticee (Tendulkar) has received no pecuniary benefit/ compensation from the Mumbai Indians IPL Franchise in his capacity as the Mumbai Indians ‘ICON’ since his retirement, and is certainly not employed with the Franchise in any capacity. “He does not occupy any position, nor has he taken any decision (including selection of team players) which could qualify as being in governance or management of the Franchise. Accordingly, there is no conflict of interest, either under the BCCI Rules or otherwise,” world’s leading run-getter further explained. As far as his role in the CAC is concerned, Tendulkar mentioned that he was appointed as a member of the BCCI committee in 2015, which was only years after his involvement with the MI. “The Noticee was appointed to the panel of the Cricket Advisory Committee (“CAC”) in the year 2015. The Hon’ble Ethics Officer will appreciate that the Noticee was named as the ‘ICON’ for Mumbai Indians much prior to his empanelment with the CAC – which fact has always been in the public domain. “Accordingly, the BCCI aware of the Noticee’s association with the Mumbai Indians Franchise at the time of his appointment to the CAC.” Tendulkar, in his disclosure, further makes it clear that the role of an icon — the one he is performing right now in the IPL franchise team — in no way is a position either in the management or the governance of the franchise. “The Complaint wrongly assumes that the Noticee’s association with the Mumbai Indians IPL Franchise ( Franchise ) is in the capacity of “governance”, “management” or “employment” – thereby attracting a conflict under Rule 38 (4). “His role is limited to providing guidance to the Franchise team by sharing his insights, learnings and working closely with the younger members in the team to help them realise their true potential.” On his reply to Gupta’s question of him sitting in the team’s ‘dugout’ — place specified for players and support staff only — he termed the allegation as “absurd”. “A mentor cannot be qualified as “management” of the Franchise. If the Complainant’s absurd logic were to be applied, a physiotherapist, trainer or a masseur would also be qualified as “management” of the Franchise,” Tendulkar responded, making it clear that he is answerable to none of the support staff. “It is also pertinent to note that the Mumbai Indians team has a head coach, who works side by side with coaches for specific disciplines such as bowling, batting etc. in ultimate coordination with the Director of Cricket Operations – none of whom the Noticee is answerable to or vice versa since his role is limited to that of providing guidance and motivation to the team.” Also, in case of the Ombudsman willing to “continue proceedings”, Tendulkar has requested for a “personal hearing along with his legal representatives.”