Hannah Orr from Newtowncunningham attended the Royal & Prior prom on Friday night, but before leaving she was sure to get a picture with her ‘mane’ man. Hannah has owned eighteen year old Bob for nine years, and he was Hannah’s first pony.Hannah learned how to horse ride on him, instilling her love for the sport. Bob is very much part of the Orr family. Hannah has been known to ‘horse around’ by bringing Bob into the kitchen – much to the dismay of her mum June!Although Hannah has outgrown Bob and now has a larger pony, she will never part with Bob.Hannah’s ‘mane’ man poses for prom pictures was last modified: January 22nd, 2017 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:hannah orrhorseNewtowncunninghamPromRoyal And Prior
Jonathan Vilma, the New Orleans Saints linebacker who has been embroiled in the bounty scheme saga, says that he will come off the physically unable to perform list after an equally lengthy battle with a knee injury.“I’ll be allowed to practice, I’ll be allowed to play versus Tampa Bay (Sunday),” Vilma said, according to WVUE-TV in New Orleans.Vilma’s lawyers, meanwhile, filed a 29-page motion Monday in a Louisiana court to vacate his season-long suspension, seeking “to put a halt to the ongoing and fundamentally unfair treatment of Jonathan Vilma by … Roger Goodell.”In papers filed in U.S. District Court in New Orleans on Monday, Vilma says Goodell engaged in a “farcical review” of his previously vacated disciplinary action before reaffirming the Saints linebacker’s full-season ban last week.Although Vilma has an appeal pending within the framework of the NFL’s labor agreement, the linebacker argues that Goodell has continued to abuse his power and demonstrate bias, leaving no hope for a fair process that would respect Vilma’s “industrial due process rights.”Vilma also asks U.S. District court Judge Ginger Berrigan to bar Goodell from handling any further action in the bounty matter and appoint a neutral arbitrator.“Goodell’s manifest bias and partiality is palpable, reflected in his many judgmental, accusatory and unsupported public accusations against Vilma and manifested in a procedure he has invoked which rips at the heart of any notion of fundamental fairness and due process in order to punish Vilma for acts he did not commit,” the motion reads.Vilma, who went on the PUP list in Week 2, has been dealing with the injury to his left knee since last season and has had numerous procedures, including the now popular platelet-rich plasma therapy in Germany.“I’m feeling good, feeling good,” Vilma said, according to the station. “I know that the media hasn’t seen much of me for a while, but I’ve actually been working out, working hard, training hard so I can get to this point to be able to give our team a chance to win in Tampa Bay.”Vilma was suspended for one season for his role in the Saints bounty scandal, but the penalty was vacated on a technicality. Goodell has now reinstated his suspension, and Vilma has appealed, along with Will Smith, Anthony Hargrove and Scott Fujita.The appeal asks that Goodell recuse himself from the proceedings on the grounds that he can’t be impartial.All four players are eligible to play or at least get paid until the NFL rules on their latest appeals. The new appeals hearings likely will take place a week from Tuesday, according to a source.
The Goa Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) has found Maggi noodles safe to eat, contradicting the ban imposed on the noodle brand by the country’s food regulator, the Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).On 5 June, FSSAI had ordered Nestle India to recall all available stocks of Maggi noodles after finding harmful levels of lead and monosodium glutamate (MSG) in tested samples.Earlier, in June, the Goa FDA had sent five samples of Maggi noodles to Mysuru’s Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) for re-testing, after the FSSAI said that the state regulator’s findings were ‘questionable’.CFTRI, an institute approved by the FSSAI, has now found that the samples sent by the Goa food regulator did not contain lead above the permissible levels. The institute also did not find any trace of MSG.”The lead content in all these five samples has been reported to be well below the permissible limit and the level of monosodium glutamate, or MSG, is negative when analysis was performed separately on the noodles and tastemaker by the Mysuru lab,” an official with the Goa FDA, told Business Standard.”The lab authorities could not speak on the matter as it was sub-judice,” said a CFTRI official, requesting anonymity.Nestle India has challenged the FSSAI ban on Maggi noodles in the Bombay High Court. Last week, the court had asked Nestle India and the FSSAI to retest Maggi samples, raising hopes of some relief for the noodle maker.The Goa FDA seems to be the only state agency in the country to test the Maggi samples for the third time, to substantiate its findings.”We are complying with the recall order of FSSAI. But we have sent the samples to Mysuru for counter-verification. This is only to reinforce our (Goa) lab’s credibility,” Salim A Veljee, director, Goa FDA, had said.After testing the samples at its lab, the Goa FDA had got them re-tested at the state pollution control board, to ensure that its findings are credible. At both the stages, the Goa food regulator did not find higher levels of lead in the instant noodle.But in the findings sent to the FSSAI, the Goa agency did not inform about the exact levels of lead it found in the samples, as the chemical content remained well below the permissible limits, said Veljee. The FSSAI termed the Goa test results ‘questionable’ for failing to mention the lead content in the samples.Maggi noodles have been declared as safe to eat in many countries such as Singapore, the UK, and Canada, in sharp contrast to the FSSAI’s findings as “hazardous for human consumption.”
Ben Stokes apologises for the overthrows.Twitter/Cricket World CupBritish all-rounder Ben Stokes has reportedly stated that he did not ask the umpires to cancel the four overthrows which proved vital for England’s win against New Zealand in the ICC Cricket World Cup final at Lords on July 16. The British all-rounder stated that he did not go up to umpires and said anything of that sort. He further claimed that he apologised to Kane Williamson and Tom Latham.”I saw all of that. I was thinking to myself, did I say that? But hand on heart, I did not go up to the umpires and say something like that to the umpires,” he was quoted as saying in a BBC podcast.”I went straight to Tom Latham and said ‘Mate, I am so sorry’, looked over to Kane (Williamson) and said ‘I’m sorry’,” he further added.The incident that happened during the final over of the tournament decider when England were chasing a target of 241. Stokes accidentally hit the ball while diving for a second run with the back of his bat. The ball got deflected and went to the third man boundary giving England six runs. Ben Stokes flat out of the ground.Twitter/Cricket World CupAfter consulting each other, Kumar Dharmasena and Marais Erasmus decided to give six runs which put England in the driver’s seat. The hosts, before that ball, needed nine runs from three balls, after that incident their target was reduced to three runs of two balls. The all-rounder was seen putting his hands up in an apologetic manner for the incident.Adding to the dismay of the players and fans of New Zealand, England went on to win the match and the tournament. The hosts won on account of hitting more boundaries after the scores were tied in the super over. James Anderson had claimed that Stokes wanted four overthrows to be taken offReutersEarlier, British pace spearhead in Tests and Stokes teammate, James Anderson was quoted by Sydney Morning Herald as telling BBC’s Tailenders podcast claiming that the all-rounder asked the umpires to cancel the four overthrows.”I think, talking to Michael Vaughan who saw him after the game, Ben Stokes actually went to the umpires and said, ‘Can you take that four runs off. We don’t want it’,” he said.Stokes finally made it clear amid all the speculations that he did not ask the umpires anything of that sort. After the end of the World Cup, ICC was criticised by cricket fans and former cricketers from all over the world because of the unique rules that, according to them, ruined the final.
India’s induction into the Arctic Council as an observer nation was celebrated with a performance by Inuit ‘throat singers’ from north Canada here recently.Canadian singers Kathy Kettler and Kendra Tagoona, who perform contemporary and traditional Inuit music in the styles of throat singing, were in the city to exhibit the traditional art form native to Arctic regions.The event was organised by the Canadian High Commission here.‘Bringing in artists from the Arctic region of Canada to India is significant in the wake of India recently assuming the status of Observer nation in the Arctic Council that consolidates Indian-Canadian ties,’ said Jim Nickel, Acting High Commissioner for Canada in India. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’Legends say this art form of ‘throat singing’ was traditionally used to sing babies to sleep or in games women played during the long winter nights while the men were away hunting.Inuits are the indigenous people of Canada residing in the northern part of the world’s second largest country (geographically) which remains snow-clad throughout the year and it was here that ‘Inuit Throat Singing’ originated.Kathy Kettler and Kendra Tagoona work individually and together to preserve and share Inuit culture from Northern Canada. Both the singer say they retain strong connections to their heritage and culture through their Inuit elders. Also Read – Leslie doing new comedy special with NetflixKnown to natives as ‘katajjaq’, throat singing is a women’s traditional style of fun-filled singing from the hinterlands of the arctic region.‘India and Canada have ties since 1947 and the countries have time and again lent support to each other at various fronts. One out of 30 people in Canada is an Indian and Canada is also a diverse nation like India. The performance is an endeavour to exhibit the cultural diversity that exists in Canada,’ Nickel said.
October 30, 2014 This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. Enroll Now for Free 3 min read Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday said it would revamp its smartphone line-up to take on competitors in the rapidly growing mid-to-low range segment, after third-quarter earnings set it on course for its worst year since 2011.The global smartphone leader’s market share declined in annual terms for the third straight quarter in July-September, lagging Apple Inc in the premium market and overtaken by rivals like Lenovo Group Ltd and Xiaomi Inc at the bottom end, research firm Strategy Analytics said.Executives said the South Korean giant would overhaul its lower-tier line-up to boost price competitiveness and use higher-quality components to set its devices apart, after it announced its worst third-quarter profit in more than three years.”The mid-to-low end market is growing rapidly, and we plan to respond actively in order to capitalise on that growth,” Samsung Senior Vice President Kim Hyun-joon said during a conference call with analysts.Samsung said its third-quarter operating profit fell by an annual 60.1 percent to 4.1 trillion won ($3.9 billion), matching its guidance issued earlier this month.While the company expects profits to pick up in the fourth quarter on strong demand for televisions and memory chips, analysts still expect Samsung to record its worst annual operating profit in three years.Profit for the mobile division fell 73.9 percent to 1.75 trillion won in the third quarter, its worst performance since the second quarter of 2011.Samsung spent most of the quarter without launching a new flagship device, and continued to struggle in the mid-to-low tier markets against cheaper and value-packed offerings like Xiaomi’s Redmi 1S.Robert Yi, Samsung’s head of investor relations, said the firm would launch new mid-tier models in the fourth quarter, although he didn’t specify what features they would have.Samsung expects average selling prices for handsets will rise in the fourth quarter due to an increase in premium smartphone sales, namely of the Galaxy Note 4, and as demand picks up in the holiday shopping season.Analysts say Samsung will likely have to sacrifice margins to protect its market share. Cheaper phones are expected to drive global smartphone market growth in coming years, meaning a general trend of lower average selling prices.Samsung’s chips division was a bright spot, recording a 2.26 trillion operating profit for the July-September quarter to mark the highest earnings since the third quarter of 2010.(1 US dollar = 1,053.5000 Korean won)(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Stephen Coates) This story originally appeared on Reuters